St Joseph District Event March 10-11 2017
We learned so much, made many adjustments and improvements, collaborated and networked with many teams and are grateful for all the support from our coaches, mentors, community and sponsors who made this experience possible. A big thank you to Alliance 4 Captain Paw Paw High School FIRST Robotics Team #5462 2pawR and Team 1918 NC Gears for picking us to be part of their alliance! We had an awesome run and made it to the semi-finals!
We are honored to be the recipients of the Engineering Inspiration Award and will be representing the St. Joseph District in this category at the Michigan State Championship in April!
The Engineering Inspiration Award
“Celebrates outstanding success in advancing respect and appreciation for engineering within a team’s school or organization and community.”
- Extent and inventiveness of the team’s efforts to recruit students to engineering with particular emphasis on the most recent year’s efforts.
- Measurable success of those efforts.
- Extent and effectiveness of the team’s community outreach efforts with particular emphasis on the most recent year’s efforts. Measurable success of those efforts.
- A commitment to science and technology education among the team, school, and community.
- Achievement of the FIRST mission and ability to communicate that at the competition and away from it.
- Efforts are ongoing, not strictly concentrated on the build and competition season.